32nd Fighter Squadron the Wolfhounds
Canal Zone – Soesterberg / Camp New Amsterdam – Ramstein
|Home of the Famous|
|History & Picture Gallery|
|›||Brief History 32nd Fighter Squadron|
|›||Insignia 32nd Fighter Squadron|
|WWII Canal Zone|
|›||6th Air Force|
|›||The Caribbean Breeze|
|›||Battle of the Caribbean|
|›||The Beginning, 1954|
|›||Tail Code "CR"|
|›||End of an Era|
|›||17th Air Force|
|›||Gomer Wolfhound Mascot|
|›||32nd Fighter Group|
|›||32nd Base Commanders|
|›||Alpha-Scramble on 1989 July 4th|
|›||CF-15C - Convertible|
|›||F-100 Super Sabre|
|›||T-33 Shooting star|
|›||F-102 Delta Dagger|
|›||Sharing 32nd Info / Memorabilia with the Curator|
F-4 PhantomFact Sheet
F-4 Phantom @ Soesterberg AB
In 1968, the first F-4 Phantom II arrived at Soesterberg AB, to replace the F-102 Delta Dagger.
When operating in the attack or close air support role, the aircraft normally carried air-to-air missiles for self-protection.
In 1965, the Air Force sent its first F-4Cs to Southeast Asia, where they flew air-to-air missions against North Vietnamese fighters as well as attacking ground targets. The various incarnations of the F-4 scored more than 100 MIG kills in Vietnam.
The aircraft continued to serve the Air Force, including a vital role in Desert Storm, until it was retired in 1996.